Monday, February 16, 2009

Just pop them in your mouth...

This past weekend was Valentine’s Day weekend. A fabulous time to think about how to get into the pants of your significant other or that random sexy stranger you met on the street. I know the weekend is now over, but it’s never too late to find new ways to..well, get some action. I mean, we don’t only crave some booty on V-day, let’s be honest here. We crave it all year. So let’s talk sex. I mean, let’s talk aphrodisiacs.

Aphrodisiacs are foods that are known to have properties to enhance sexual desire. I mean sometimes, they even look like the equipment. Ever stared at an avocado real hard? Actually, I’ve never had to stare hard to have dirty thought. They just pop up. But you know what I mean. Essentially, even the name itself is pretty suggestive. Avocado, translates in Mayan, to water testicle. At least that’s what I read somewhere. Although it makes sense, in Spanish it’s called aguacate and it sounds a lot like water testicle. Ever wonder why avocados and tomatoes go so well together? Tomatoes were known to the Mayans to be like ovaries. Now let’s put two and two together, water testicles plus ovaries? It definitely sounds like a sexy combination to me. So let’s make it happen.

I know, guacamole is pretty easy thing to make, but making a mushy green pile look good, can be hard. Let me show you how. I made these little delectable items a couple years ago, but I always look back onto them with fond memories.

Recipe
2 ripe avocados
Juice of 1 and half to two limes
3 table spoons chopped fresh coriander
Half a teaspoon of salt
3 spring onions, finely sliced

Peel the avocados and put the flesh into a bowl. Don’t worry about what size the chunks are, it’s all going to be mashed up anyway.
Dissolve the salt in the lime juice and toss in the green onions. Mix it around and pour it over the avocados.
Now for the fun part. Grab a fork and start mashing up the avocados. I suggest making it like a puree to make it easier to pipe into the little tomatoes. But otherwise, I like it slightly chunky.
Toss in the cilantro and give it a good mix.

And now it’s time to make them look pretty. Buy yourself a pint of cherry tomatoes. Make sure they’re a good size; anything that’s too small will just be ridiculous. Take the little guys and cut off the tops. Squeeze them gently and that should help to get the inner seeds out. Once done, pop them open side down onto some paper towels to help soak up some of the juices from the tomatoes. When you’re done with all the tomatoes, place the guacamole into a piping bag and pipe it into the tomatoes. Place the little cap on top. There, you have the insides of an avocado sitting nice and cozy inside of the casing of the tomatoes. How lovely. To add to the presentation, I also made some parmesan cups. They’re not necessary, but they’re fun. Here’s a picture. How cute. How delectable. Are you hungry? I am...




I’ll post some more pictures and recipes later on the in the week, but I thought I'd start with this for now. Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good. Rather than guacamole, you can also incorporate cream cheese or feta into the tomatoes as well.

    I had that at a restaurant last year. Delicious!

    Jon
    http://www.jonlim.ca

    ReplyDelete