Wednesday, May 6, 2009

End of school, beginning of summer...

Clearly this blog has been neglected for some time and set aside for other priorities such as exams and school. There is also the fact that we haven't really had the chance to spend time in the kitchen and really cook up some tasty meals. However, about a week ago, we gathered in our house and celebrated the end of another school year and the departure of some of our beloved roommates. It was a fun day of food, beer, and nice patio weather.

This is how lunch went down...
We made a bunch of pita bread pizzas. It was really easy, just some pitas, with some Fortinos pizza sauce, baby spinach, feta cheese, mozarella cheese, and red onions. You pop these into an oven that's about 350 degrees and bake them for around 10 minutes or at least until the cheese is melted on top. Ours looked like this:



That was lunch. It was merely a little taste of the true feast that was ahead...

For dinner I had my world famous beer-braised pulled pork, coleslaw and homemade bread. It's not really world famous, but my roommates love it and I love making it, mostly just because they love it and it's an excuse to cook a giant hunk of meat. Sarah also made some tasty oven-baked asparagus with parmesan cheese.

I'd share my recipe for the pulled pork, but...I won't. However, if you happen to be stopping by the LCBO in Hamilton, more specifically the one in University Plaza, there is a lady there what will more than happy to give you hers. The most I will say is that mine is made of magic, like that of unicorns.

I'd be happy to share all the other recipes with you though, but for now it'll just be all pictures with captions...for your drooling pleasure.


This is a giant hunk of tasty meat.


Roomie's hands, pulling at the giant hunk of tasty meat.


Nothing beats homemade bread...mmmm...


Asparagus covered in cheese. Cheese...


This is what my plate looked like outside beside a nice cold drink. I want to eat it now.

So yes, those are the pictures of the lovely meals we had to celebrate the end of another year of school and the moving on of roomies onto bigger and perhaps even better things.

I love summer.

Happy cooking!
- Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment